Short Message Survey
Short Message Survey is an app for sending out text-based ESM surveys.
Setup on Heroku
- Create a branch or fork of this repo
- If you don't have one, register an account on Heroku and create a new app
- Connect the new app to GitHub
- Select the branch (that was created in Step 1) to deploy
- Manually enter config variables for: Twilio (acccount SID and API key) and database (URL and secret key)
- For the database key, use (in Python)
import os; os.urandom(24)to generate the secret key for the database
- Login to Heroku via the CLI
heroku run bash -a <name-of-app>
- Initialize the database for the new app
rm -rf migrations
- Run database commands through Heroku Bash
python manage.py db init
python manage.py db migrate
python manage.py db upgrade
python manage.py dbseed
- If you don't have one, register an account on Twilio and create a new phone number
- Configure the phone number within Twilio
- Add the Messaging webook as URL for the app from Heroku, with
/messageat the end of the URL
HTTP GETas the protocol
Copyright 2019 PICSUL
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1937700. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.