TumblrSharp is a very nicely designed library, and perhaps the only usable C# library that currently exists. However, development for the Codeplex project stopped in 2014. While using the library, I've noticed several bugs which I'll fix and post to this repository.
What has been fixed in this new version?
If you download the old TumblrSharp version off of CodePlex or NuGet, you won't get any of the fixes this libary provides - most notably, support for
- Errors with getting submission posts and their new post
- Allow posts to be sent with a
publishedstate, which is currently the only way to publish asks
PostDataclass allows for editing and publishing asks
- Eliminated superfluous constructor overloads in
PostDatamethods, allowing for shorter, more maintainable code
- Eliminated unnecessary required parameters like
bodyfrom a text post, as they are not required by the Tumblr API.
- Opted for default values in
PostData. This is important because specifying something simple like a
PostCreationStateon a photo post would require possibly unneeded data, like
- Move everything into a PCL for maximum compatibility.
- Getting dashboard posts after a date rather than before
- "Reblogged from" broken
- Add Reblog Trail support
What needs to be implemented?
- Better documentation
- Examples of how to use the library
What will not be implemented?
(This is due to restrictions to the V2 API. These endpoints exist but can only be accessed with the official Tumblr app API key).
- Advanced testings
- Advanced supported plattform
- NetStandard 2.0
- supported HttpClientFactory
- Example for Asp.Net, Azure Function
- Support Neues Post Format (npf)
- Create / Edit / Fetch Post for npf
Which platforms are supported?
- .NET Standard 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.0
- .Net Core 2.2
Please feel free to contribute if you find any problems / have any features.
Things that are needed and would be super appreciated:
- Bug Fixes of any kind
- Unit Testing
- Wiki contributions and examples
- You can find the latest NuGet package here. An automated build system will push a new NuGet package when a tagged commit is merged into the master branch.
- Manual download from here, to install show wiki
TumblrSharp follows the MIT License.