RTE éCO2mix tools
Various simple tools to play with the RTE éco2mix data : a set of publicly available tables about the French electricty market, provided by the French Transmission system operator (TSO) RTE.
Original data source [FR] : RTE's website
About the data
Data is available as 15 minutes averages. The richness of the content increases over time :
- starting June 24th, 2000, consumption + D-1 forecast is available
- starting July 8th, 2010, production data is also available (detailed by production means : nuclear, hydro, wind, ...)
Note : RTE does't guarantee this data to be accurate. It is provided for "informative" purpose only.
Note2 : starting December 2012, RTE moved to "éCO2mix v2" file format, described in "specifications_fichiers_eco2mix_V2.pdf" [FR]
Tools available in this "package" :
- RTE_eCO2mix_download.py download data files from RTE's website
- RTE_eCO2mix_analyze.py analyze the content of those files, because they are not homogenous
located in the dedicated subdirectory analysis_examples
- elec_consumption.py plots the weekly consumption average over the 2000 - 2012 period. It also finds the consumption records over this period.
- elec_production_mix.py plots the electricity production mix (that is, the amount of power generated by each technology) over the 2010 - 2012 period
- load_duration.py plots the Load Duration Curve for France, over the 2001-2011 period.
These simple software tools are freely available under a standard BSD license.
Pierre Haessig -- 2012