What is Snowpack?
Snowpack is a modern frontend build tool for faster web development. It replaces heavier, more complex bundlers like webpack or Parcel in your development workflow.
- Develop faster, with a dev server that starts up in 50ms or less.
- See changes reflected instantly in the browser.
- Integrate your favorite bundler for a production-optimized build.
- Enjoy out-of-the-box support for TypeScript, JSX, CSS Modules and more.
- Connect your favorite tools with third-party plugins.
Join the Pika Discord for discussion, questions about Snowpack or related Pika projects, or to show off what you’re working on!
Create Snowpack App (CSA)
For starter apps and templates, see create-snowpack-app.
Official Snowpack Plugins
Featured Community Plugins
- snowpack-plugin-imagemin Use imagemin to optimize your build images.
- snowpack-plugin-import-map A more easy way to map your imports to Pika CDN instead of import-maps.json.
- snowpack-plugin-less Use the Less compiler to build
.lessfiles from source.
- snowpack-plugin-mdx Use the MDX compiler to build
.mdfiles from source.
- snowpack-plugin-resize-images Resize and process your build images with Sharp.
- snowpack-plugin-sass Use the node-sass to build
.sass/.scssfiles from source.
- snowpack-plugin-svgr Use SVGR to transform
.svgfiles into React components.
- snowpack-plugin-stylus Use the Stylus compiler to build
.stylfiles from source.
- snowpack-plugin-inliner A plugin for snowpack which transforms files into base64 URIs.
- PRs that add a link to this list are welcome!