Ludum Dare 29. Contributors:
- Arne Roomann-Kurrik
- Kalev Roomann-Kurrik
- Wes Goodman
Theme: "Beneath the surface"
- Come up with idea.
- Main game loop.
- Level loading.
- Vertical level switching.
- Music loading.
- Player movement.
- Collision detection.
- Water tracking / gauge.
- Pump item type and pump events.
- Load player sprite sheet.
- Triggers for running over items and transition tiles.
- Destructable item framework.
- Health bar.
- Show picked up items.
- End state.
- Splash screen.
- Level tiles for dry, partial, drowned levels.
- Sound effects.
- Pickaxe and barrier tiles.
- Pump tile.
- Map work.
Change over time.
Digging holes, top down, holes have different depths, can only go adjacent levels.
More depth than initially expected.
Tremors the game.
Character that has to duck out of the way.
Revealing something about NPCs.
Tremors from monster's point of view.
- NPCs on rocks, running to some goal.
- Can go around rocks, eat NPCs if you touch them.
- Need to wait for them to expose themselves.
- Pathfinding with preferences to stay on rock.
Dungeon, go deeper.
Motivations for going beneath the surface:
- Escape from surface
- Escape from below
- Start at the top of a well.
- Climb down and levels strip away.
- Need to find a way down.
- Powerup items: Move faster, hold breath longer, etc.
- Well starts to fill with water, so you need to be fast.
- Can return to top of well to pump water out.
- Need to get to bottom to get more loot.
- Further down, better loot.
- Levels fill with water slowly, eventually you hold your breath, take damage, etc.
Complete the setup steps for the twodee lib.
go get -u github.com/kurrik/tmxgo
git submodule init git submodule update