Mesophotic.org: an information repository on mesophotic coral ecosystems
Mesophotic.org is a curated repository for information on mesophotic coral ecosystems, with the aim to provide an independent, open-source platform for and by the ever-growing mesophotic research community.
The web application is written in Ruby (2.2.1) on Rails (4.2.0).
- Collate available research focusing on the mesophotic depth zone, and make it accessible through a single webportal.
- Allow for the identification of knowledge gaps around particular taxa and geographic areas at mesophotic depths
- Provide a central place on the web for the exchange of scientific information and ongoing research efforts
- Act as an independent platform and shared resource for and by the mesophotic research community.
The primary entities in the database are scientific publications, for which standard citation data and the full-text contents are indexed. Click here for the entity relation diagram (ERD; generated with the
- Ruby on Rails - The web framework used
- RailsBricks - Original set-up (retired project)
- Devise - User authentication
- Pim Bongaerts
- Ryan Booker
See the list of content editors on the website