Demo and Blue Print Application for Pimcore
This demo package is intended to be used by Pimcore newcomers who want to learn Pimcore and see it in action. It's tailored get an overview of Pimcores CMS, DAM, PIM and E-Commerce functionality and can be used as a blue print for E-Commerce Applications built with Pimcore. If you are an experienced Pimcore developer, have a look at the Skeleton linked below instead.
COMPOSER_MEMORY_LIMIT=-1 composer create-project pimcore/demo my-project cd ./my-project ./vendor/bin/pimcore-install
- Point your virtual host to
- Open https://your-host/admin in your browser
- Done! 😎
You can also use Docker to setup a new Pimcore Installation. You don't need to have a PHP environment with composer installed.
- Your user must be allowed to run docker commands (directly or via sudo).
- You must have docker-compose installed.
- Your user must be allowed to change file permissions (directly or via sudo).
Follow these steps
- Initialize the demo project using the
docker run -u `id -u`:`id -g` --rm -v `pwd`:/var/www/html pimcore/pimcore:php8.2-latest composer create-project pimcore/demo my-project
- Go to your new project
- Part of the new project is a docker compose file
echo `id -u`:`id -g`to retrieve your local user and group id
- Open the
docker-compose.yamlfile in an editor, uncomment all the
user: '1000:1000'lines and update the ids if necessary
- Start the needed services with
docker compose up -d
- Install pimcore and initialize the DB
docker compose exec php vendor/bin/pimcore-install --mysql-host-socket=db --mysql-username=pimcore --mysql-password=pimcore --mysql-database=pimcore
- When asked for admin user and password: Choose freely
- This can take a while, up to 20 minutes
- ✔️ DONE - You can now visit your pimcore-demo: