Propeller HAT, the 8-core microcontroller add-on for your Raspberry Pi.
Available now from Pimoroni: http://shop.pimoroni.com/products/propeller-hat
Propeller HAT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
- 8-core Parallax Microcontroller on-board
- 30 IO pins broken out, serial data/programming connection to Pi
- 20 Pi pins broken out for communications/ease of access
- 170pt breadboard for experimentation
- Python quick start library with PWM/Servo and GPIO libraries
For instant-gratification you can try the Propeller HAT IO libraries:
You'll need Propeller IDE to start programming your Propeller HAT:
Propeller IDE Installation
As always, we've made it super-easy for you to get all the software you need with a nifty one-line installer. To run it fire up Terminal which you'll find in Menu -> Accessories -> Terminal on your Raspberry Pi desktop like so:
In the new terminal window type:
curl -sS get.pimoroni.com/propellerhat | bash
This will install a fairly recent version of the Propeller IDE but if you'd like you can head over to www.lamestation.com/propelleride/ and grab the latest version of Propeller IDE for the Raspberry Pi, which may be newer than the one installed by the one-line installer.
It's easier if you grab the right URL, and use the wget command on your Raspberry Pi to download it. For example:
Once downloaded, you can install it with:
sudo dpkg -i propelleride-0.36.7-armhf.deb
Documentaton & Support
- Tutorials - https://learn.pimoroni.com/propeller-hat
- GPIO Pinout - https://pinout.xyz/pinout/propeller_hat
- Get help - http://forums.pimoroni.com/c/support
Everything you need to get started with Propeller IDE and your first SPIN program.
Suport software and Python-based uploader tool.
- python - Python library for Propeller HAT with PWM and GPIO functions
- sidplay - Play SID tune dumps with Propeller HAT
- p1load - Installer and binary for Pi-compatible p1load
Datasheets for Parallax Propeller and Crystal Oscillator.