Pinax is an open-source platform built on the Django Web Framework. It is an ecosystem of reusable Django apps, themes, and starter project templates. This collection can be found at http://pinaxproject.com.
This app was developed as part of the Pinax ecosystem but is just a Django app and can be used independently of other Pinax apps.
pinax-blog is a blog app for Django.
Current features include:
- support for multiple channels (e.g. technical vs business)
- use of Creole (optional) and Markdown as markup format
- Atom and RSS feeds
- previewing of blog posts before publishing
- optional ability to announce new posts on twitter
- Traditional date based urls or simpler slug-only urls, via configuration
- Control over opengraph and twitter card meta data per post
- Review comments per post for multi-author workflows
- public but secret urls for unpublished blog posts for easier review
This app used to be named biblion when originally developed by Eldarion, Inc.
Upon donating the Pinax, the app was renamed to
pinax-blog, making it easier
to find and know what it is.
Code of Conduct
In order to foster a kind, inclusive, and harassment-free community, the Pinax Project has a code of conduct, which can be found here http://pinaxproject.com/pinax/code_of_conduct/.
Pinax Project Blog and Twitter
For updates and news regarding the Pinax Project, please follow us on Twitter at @pinaxproject and check out our blog http://blog.pinaxproject.com.