If all you've got is Xcode, your only tool is a
XCHammer generates Xcode projects from a Bazel Workspace.
- Complete Bazel Xcode IDE integration
- Focused Xcode projects
- Xcode build Bazel targets without Bazel
- Optionally Bazel build Xcode projects
- Define and compose Xcode projects in Skylark
- Builds reproducible and remote cacheable projects
- Automatically updates Xcode projects
Build and install to
Pinterest vendors XCHammer.app for reproducibility and simplicity.
Generate using a XCHammerConfig.
xchammer generate <configPath>
XCHammer is configured via a
yaml representation of XCHammerConfig.
The configuration describes projects that should be generated.
# Generates a project containing the target ios-app targets: - "//ios-app:ios-app" projects: "MyProject": paths: - "**"
See XCHammerConfig.swift for detailed documentation of the format.
To learn about how Pinterest uses XCHammer with Bazel locally check out Pinterest Xcode Focused Projects.
Bazel build Xcode projects
XCHammer additionally supports Bazel building Xcode projects, which enables remote caching and other features. This feature is experimental.
# WORKSPACE local_repository( name = "xchammer_resources", path = "/Path/To/xchammer.app/Contents/Resources", ) # BUILD.Bazel load("@xchammer_resources//:xcodeproject.bzl", "xcode_project") xcode_project( name = "MyProject", targets = [ "//ios-app:ios-app" ], paths = [ "**" ], )
Xcode progress bar integration
XCHammer provides a path to optionally integrate with Xcode's build system and progress bar.
- Install support for Xcode's progress bar for Xcode 11
- make sure Xcode's new build system is enabled
Please find more info about developing XCHammer in The XCHammer FAQ. Pull requests welcome