Welcome to the PiE Central Repo!
What is the Central Repo?
PieCentral is the central repository that hosts all kit software projects:
- Hibike: our lightweight communications protocol designed for passing sensor data with the PiE robotics kit.
- Dawn: our cross-platform frontend for the PiE robotics control system.
- Runtime: the code that handles communication, state, and student code execution.
- DevOps: oversees the deployment pipeline from GitHub to Travis CI to Beaglebone boards.
- Shepherd: our full-stack field control software used during the competition.
If you want to learn more about these projects, check out their directories!
Contributing to PieCentral
Note: You don't have to fork! Instead, make your own branch in the central repo once you join the organization.
Setting up PieCentral
$ cd "<directory of your choice>" $ git clone https://github.com/pioneers/PieCentral.git $ cd PieCentral
Creating a Branch
Follow the naming convention
<project> name, your branch will not be built by Travis.
Feel free to name the
<feature> anything or use more slashes.
$ git checkout master # Switch to default `master` branch $ git checkout -b "<project>/<feature>" # Create and switch to feature branch $ git push -u origin "<project>/<feature>"
Adding new code to master
Make sure any local changes to your code is pushed to your branch.
$ git add "<file1>" "<file2>" $ git commit -m "<description>" $ git push # Pushes to `origin/<project>/<feature>` because of `-u` flag earlier
Open a pull request to
master. Code will be reviewed by PMs.
Code will be rebased onto master. (Choose "Squash and Merge" instead of "Create a merge commit".) Make sure when merging your pull request you include a useful commit header and message.