easy_passwords.rb is a Ruby implementation of passwdqc's easy_passwords, a random pronouncable password generator.
gem install easy_passwords
#Gemfile gem 'easy_passwords'
- Passwords are easily to read
- You can setup max password length in characters(useful when sending password in sms message)
- You can define separators list
require it within your app:
require 'rubygems' require 'easy_passwords' p EasyPassword.generate # => "employ7Royal" p EasyPassword.generate 5 # => "Peach" p EasyPassword.generate 7, '|' # => "cat|eat" p EasyPassword.generate 15 # => "soggy*Apart9Odd" p EasyPassword.generate 2 # => raise error, min length is 3 gen = EasyPassword.new # => #<EasyPasswords::Generator:0x9f6ec40 ...> p gen.generate # => "employ7Royal" p gen.generate 15 # => "soggy*Apart9Odd" my_gen = EasyPassword.new('|') # => #<EasyPasswords::Generator:0x9f6ec40 ...> p my_gen.generate # => "employ|Royal" p my_gen.generate 15 # => "soggy|Apart|Odd"
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b feature/my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin feature/my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
- Based on gem https://github.com/iphoting/pwqgen.rb
- Original Design and C implementation from http://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/ by Solar Designer.