An Ace of Spades 0.75 server based on PySnip.
👉 Chat with us!
#piqueserver:matrix.org(Riot Webchat link)
- Discord: Join with this invite link
- Slack: Join with this invite link
- IRC: (disabled due to spam)
#piqueserveron freenode.net (web)
All of these are bridged together!
- Many administrator features
- A lot of epic commands
- A remote console (using SSH)
- Map rotation
- Map metadata (name, version, author, and map configuration)
- Map extensions (water damage, etc.)
- A map generator
- An IRC client for managing your server
- A JSON query webserver
- A status server with map overview
- Server/map scripts
- Melee attacks with the pickaxe
- New gamemodes (deathmatch / runningman)
- Rollback feature (rolling back to the original map)
- Spectator mode
- Dirt grenades
- Platforms with buttons
- Ban subscribe service
- A ton of other features
Piqueserver requires python 3.6 and above
- We currently provide builds for:
- Linux x86_64
- Windows x86 and x86_64
If your system is not one of the above, you will also need a recent C++ Compiler.
pip (stable version)
pip3 install piqueserver
- ssh: enable ssh manhole server support
- from: enable the from command to geolocate players by ip
To install with optional features with pip:
pip3 install piqueserver[ssh,from]
git (bleeding edge)
git clone https://github.com/piqueserver/piqueserver cd piqueserver python3 -m venv venv source venv/bin/activate # note: requirements.txt includes all optional deps too pip install -r requirements.txt python setup.py install # now `piqueserver` will be available on the $PATH when venv active
The AUR package (git master) is currently broken. When it gets repaired (you can help!), you'll be able to install manually or with your favourite AUR helper:
pacaur -S piqueserver-git
Then copy the default configuration as a base to work off
A-a-and lift off!
Custom config location
If you wish to use a different location to
for config files, specify a directory with the
piqueserver --copy-config -d custom_dir piqueserver -d custom_dir
What's the purpose?
The purpose of this repo is to be a continuation of PySnip.
What if PySnip development returns?
Then they would merge our changes and development would be continued there, I guess. The important thing is to keep AoS servers alive.
Why should I use piqueserver instead of PySnip/PySpades?
- Multi config installation
- Docker support
- Bug fixes
- Better anti-hacking
- New scripts
What about 0.76 support
Working with multiple versions is a pain. 0.76 will be suported in the future only.
Is that everything?
Please see also the Online Documentation for more information (readthedocs.io has replaced our wiki).
Don't be shy and submit us a PR or an issue! Help is always appreciated
pip to setup the development environment:
$ python3 -m venv venv && source venv/bin/activate (venv) $ pip install -r requirements.txt (venv) $ pip install -r dev-requirements.txt # includes dev tools (venv) $ python setup.py develop # install in-place (venv) $ deactivate # Deactivate virtualenv
Brought to you with