Jekyll Blue is an overhauled fork of Jekyll Now.
It's developed as a quick but professional and full-featured way to create a personal website. It is based on Jekyll, the popular static site generators.
Static site generators behaves like CMS but after local compiling they output plain static website in HTML and CSS. This way your website can be securely deployed on any server. Stop worrying about PHP-like exploits!
Jekyll Blue supports Github Pages. Read the official doc and this wiki for further information.
All features of Jekyll-Now (credits to its author and its contributors), plus:
- Completely redesigned home page
- Full-width navbar
- Website search
- Powered by duckduckgo, so you don't have to worry about being tracked
- Automatic urls creation with redirect to enabled social networks
- e.g. yourwebsite.com/twitter automatically redirects to your twitter account, yourwebsite.com/facebook to your facebook profile, and so on. Just you set up your social networks in _config.yml file
- Email obfuscation, so you don't get spam (yay!).
- Dedicated page for all blog posts
- Sort posts by date or by category
- Choose whether to display or not page titles on a per-page basis.
- Reach all articles of the same category of the post you're reading with a single click
- Evernote Web Clipper and Evernote Clearly support: your articles are displayed beautifully
- Responsive support for videos (HTML5, embedded, YouTube and Vimeo)
... and much more! Head over here for a full list of features.
Please check release notes.
Want to learn more? See the wiki.
Got a great feature it's missing?
Fork this repo, clone, code the feature and send me a pull-request!
Copyright (c) 2015 Francesco Pira < fpira.com >.
Jekyll Blue is a fork of Jekyll Now. Jekyll Now is released under MIT license, copyright (c) 2015 Barry Clark.
Jekyll Blue is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Jekyll Blue is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Jekyll Blue. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- Jekyll Now, its contributors and third-part projects who made it possible
- Google Fonts
- responsivegridsystem for the CSS grid code
- labs.jonsuh.com/ for responsive video support
- This guy on StackOverflow for email obfuscation code
- Hardik Pandya for his great article about website search
cover.jpg is a photo I took in 2014 and it's entitled "Etna view from the Ancient Theatre of Taormina". I license it under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Feel free to use it under the license terms. You can read the full license text here.