jQuery Reel 1.3
Reel is an established and the most versatile three-sixty player for jQuery. Teaches your ordinary image tag some new tricks turning it into a gorgeous interactive 360° object movie, panorama or stop-motion animation. Reel is used on hundreds of websites around the globe by big ones like Nikon, BMW, Adidas, Blackberry or The New York Times, government agencies, non-profits, businesses and individuals to embrace their visitors and enrich their user experience. Reel is the premier alternative to Flash, Java, Quicktime and alike.
- Modes covering beyond usual 360° span.
- Animated rotation and inertial motion.
- In-scene annotations (hotspots) in sync with frames.
- Intuitive operation. Supports both mouse and touch.
- 50+ options for full customization.
- Apple, Blackberry and Android mobile devices supported.
- NEW Gyroscope support.
- Browser and operating system agnostic. Flash-free. It's just an image...
- Loves your existing CSS. NEW Responsive
- Transparent, documented, eventful & well-tested tiny code base.
- NEW AMD and CommonJS compatible.
- Tools for Drupal, Joomla, Dreamweaver, Poser or Python by the loving community!
As easy as adding few special attributes to your HTML image tag:
<img src="my_server/image.jpg" width="200" height="100" id="my_image" class="reel" data-images="my_server/image-##.jpg">
The above will be turned into default interactive Reel with 36 frames loaded from
image-36.jpg Use options to customize.
- Available for all personal or commercial projects for free under the MIT License.
- Use for free and enjoy! Appreciations are warmly welcome:
- jQuery 1.6.2 or higher
- Optionaly you can also include one of these two handy jQuery plugins (recommended):
- http://code.vostrel.net/jquery.reel-bundle.js (~ 10,0 kB; gzipped)
For options head to plugin options on-line reference or view the entire open-source code explained, where all available methods, events and data keys are explained in detail. The documentation is embedded into the source code and you also find a copy in the