Raiden Ticker is an experiment project aims to exploere an opportunity to integrate Raiden's payment channel with IoT devices, on this case we made a ticker which is LED Matrix controls by ESP8266 where the user can send a scrolling text message to the board for instance like if someone want to promote an advertisement in text only format into particular digital signboard, a charge occurs whenever the device retreives a message from the terminal (node.js backend) in real-time with Raiden's payment channel.
- https://www.etechpath.com/how-to-control-max7219-led-matrix-with-esp8266-wifi-module/ - Wiring Diagram
How To Test
This demo system has setup 2 Raiden node as following:
For anyone interesting on setup the server shall take a look at https://github.com/raiden-network/workshop
The installation uses 3 packages to install
- Firmware - the fireware is contains a module to running a LED matrix and pick up the tasks via Wifi
- Node.js Backend - A REST API server that aims to run on Raspberry PI and given tasks to the ESP8266 device.
- React Fronend - A web console that connects to API server, uses for check a system's availablity and manage tasks.
Once server is running, ensure that the device has set the API host correctly.
In this demo system, we have built-in users which are Alice and Bob, Bob owns the device which means only alice can create a task.
- Would be replaced pounchDB with solidity's smart contract or other smart contract platform
- Supports various of devices