Piwik Development Environment
This configuration makes it very easy to start with Piwik development or to give Piwik a try in your local environment. It'll setup a virtual machine including everything you need to run Piwik.
Need more information? Have a look here: http://piwik.org/blog/2012/08/get-started-with-piwik-development-with-puppet-and-vagrant/
Available Vagrant Boxes
- Ubuntu Precise 32
- Ubuntu Precise 64
- Install Vagrant & VirtualBox
- Clone this repository including all submodules (
git clone --recursive https://github.com/piwik/piwik-dev-environment.git)
This step is optional. If you want any changes of the defaults, you can make changes in a local vagrant configuration. Have a look at
vagrantconfig.yamlfor a list of possible settings.
cp vagrantconfig_local.yaml-dist vagrantconfig_local.yaml
- Execute the command
vagrant upwithin a
- That's it. It'll take some time when executing this command the first time. It'll download the Vagrant base box once and install all required packages.
- Don't forget to update your local hosts file. You have to add "apache.piwik" as well as "nginx.piwik".
- PHP QA Tools (PHPUnit, PHPMD - PHP Mess Detector, PHP Depend, PHP CodeCoverage, PHP_CodeSniffer, ...)
- NGINX & PHP-FPM
You'll find Piwik here:
Let us know if you miss something.