This repository contains:
- Piwik release script (official package),
- and Debian/Ubuntu package (allows sysadmins to deploy Piwik within seconds using
apt-get install piwik -V)
- debian/Readme.debian - How to use the Debian package and setup Piwik on your Debian server.
- debian/Readme.md - Guide for Piwik staff in charge of generating the Debian package. System administrators may also be interested in this documentation.
Core Piwik Package
To generate a new Piwik release for example 3.0.0-b1, follow these steps:
core/Version.phpand set the correct version number
- Check that the CI builds is green
- Create a release on Github which will automatically create a git tag.
- Then package the release. Run:
./scripts/build.sh 3.0.0-b1. This script will:
- the first time it runs it clones the Piwik git repository.
- then it builds the package, removing any un-necessary files,
- then it uploads the
.tar.gzpackages to https://builds.piwik.org
- The new Piwik version is now shipped to users worldwide,
- Users will now notified in their Administration area, and some users will receive email alerts about the new version.