This is a proposal to improve the Referers > Overview report.
This will greatly increase the "at a glance" analytics capability of Piwik.
The full Referrers Overview layout could be:
* Top graph showing total visits graph, and Direct entry visits line (currently only shows direct entry visits)
* Below "Referrer Type", display sparklines for each ref type
* The sparklines should be enhanced and display a % evolution from yester the start of the graph displayed above.
[SPARKLINE_IMAGE] 518 from websites (35% of visits) [icon_image] +15% over the period
* '+15% over the period' has a tooltip that reads '156 visits on Nov 6th, 177 on Dec 6th: +15%'
* on click on sparkline the graph loads "All visits" line + the clicked sparkline's line. User can then unclick the "all visits" to hide the line. But it is good to show the relative value straight ahead to further help analysis.
* Add a link below the 4 sparklines that says "More sparklines"
* When clicked this link will display the current "Distinct Referrers by Referrer Type" section of extra sparklines. These are useful to have, just better hide them by default.
* These extra sparklines should be extended to contain the % evolution and have consistent style with other sparkline (except they wont show the relative % since it does not apply to these stats).
* Reuse the row evolution css styles and template code: http://piwik.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Piwik-mobile-iOS-VS-Android.png
* Below sparklines is the 2 columns listing. Similarly to the Goals report which has a similar 2 column view.
* Left column: listing the following reports ~~
~~* Right column: ajax loading by default the "All Referers report"
* Loads in the right, the clicked report from left column. ~~
~~* The reports listed on the left are, in this order:
* All Referrers (new report see #1899) <-- This one is pre-displayed
* Referrers Overview (showing direct VS search VS websites VS campaigns)
* Social Media
* Search Engines
* The code tpl+js+css from the Goals overview template should be refactored and reused.
The Referrers Overview will be suited for analysis. Let's make the code generic as I think it will be put to good use: We could reuse such a style for other Overview reports (Visitors > Overview or Goals > Overview) if it works well.
(In ) Refs #3619, several improvements/modifications to Referrers overview, including:
(In ) Refs #3619, commit missing file.
very good improvements! I'm going to commit some tweaks too.
In b202ff1: Refs #3619
a7c4cf9 refs this ticket. Commit message below:
Refs #3619, refactor Goals 'conversions by type of visit' template/logic into reusable View in CoreHome.
In add95a5: Fixes #3619, add reports by dimension section to Referrers overview.
In 609579e: Refs #3619, fix bug where Overview header will be displayed even if there are 0 visits for the period.