As a follow-up to #243, we did not update some ui plugins. jquery 1.3 was released this past week, and jqueryUI 1.6 is reportedly around the corner (it slipped its Dec 2008 release target).
This is dependent on various jQuery plugins being updated to support jQuery 1.3.x (which has introduced some compat busters).
fdd2div 1.0 plugin didn’t support jQuery 1.2.6; we’ve sent our patch upstream but may have to forward port our local mods
vipsoft, when you say “we’ve sent our patch upstream but may have to forward port our local mods” do you mean that you’ve emailed the authors the patch? or did you patch the fdddiv locally to make it work (as well as patching our local modifications from previous versions) ?
Yes, there are upstream tickets for common bugs fixed in Piwik and local mods specific to Piwik (should upstream developers be interested in adopting). Yes, local mods were forward ported in the update to jQuery 1.2.6.
increasing priority as for the stable release we shouldn’t rely on libraries that depend on old Jquery versions; hopefully fdddiv can be updated to support jquery 1.3.x either by us or they will release a new release. vipsoft if you have any update on this please let us know!
In #243, we didn't touch ui.sortable.js or ui.mouse.js. (Code from circa Oct 2007. These have since been incorporated into jqueryUI.)
This is the regression found in #709 with IE7:
* Flash widgets (e.g., "Last visits graph" and "Visits by server time") can no longer be dragged & dropped to change the layout; error console reports: Line 13, Char 2817, "Object doesn't support this property or method"
* "Add a widget..." - the screen jumps when you mouseover "Visitor Settings" or "Visitors", making it difficult to select a widget
* "Add a widget..." - mouseover "Example Widgets" and then "Piwik Changelog" - the preview window is too tall and it isn't scrollable; you can't access any controls to either add the widget to the dashboard or close the window; the Escape key doesn't work
For Superfish, consider adding supersubs.js. This allows for variable width submenus. May help with some long translations.
Alternatively: replace superfish and separate the "navigation" and "breadcrumbs" functionality.
These are the backward compatibility problems identified so far with the update to jquery 1.3.2:
IE7: dashboard: drag & drop Flash widgets works except
IE7: 'Add a widget' - screen still jumps during mouseover (introduced with 1.2.6 update)
FF3: dashboard: drag & drop broken
Error: [Exception... "Node cannot be inserted at the specified point in the hierarchy" code: "3" nsresult: "0x80530003 (NS_ERROR_DOM_HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR)" location: "http://localhost/libs/jquery/jquery.js?piwik=0.5 Line: 268"]
Source File: http://localhost/libs/jquery/jquery.js?piwik=0.5
FF3/Safari: feedback form; scrollbar(s) appear; worse in FF3 because submit button is obscured
FF3/IE7/Opera: left mouse down on submenu item, hover off, and release, leaves item in selected state
Ok. Moving the non-jquery-specific issues to separate tickets.
In , fixes #510 - Update jquery.js
* update jQuery to 1.3.2
* add jquery-ui.js 1.7.2
* move loading of external .css before scripts
* remove ui.mouse.js
* remove ui.sortable_modif.js
In , refs #510, refs #946 - remove sortable helper class (no longer used)
In [refs #510 - deprecated '@id=IDVALUE' changed to '#IDVALUE'