= Kavya =
An awesome magazine theme for your WordPress site. Responsive layout, post thumbnail support, featured posts and more.
- Kavya is free software licensed under the GNU General Public License version
- Kavya is based on the _s (Underscores) starter theme by Automattic Inc., which is also licensed under GPLv2.
- Kavya is based on Options Framework Theme by Devin Price, which is also licensed under GPLv2.
For more information about licensing, please refer to license.txt file distributed with this theme or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html For more information about the Underscores (_s) starter theme visit: http://underscores.me/ For more information about the Options Framework Theme visit: http://wptheming.com/options-framework-theme/
Coded by Suresh Patel Brought to you by Pixel2Pixel Design, http://pixel2pixeldesign.com/
Requires at least: 3.6.0 Tested up to: 3.9-alpha Stable tag: 1.3
== Copyright == Kavya, Copyright 2014 Pixel2PixelDesign.com Kavya is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
Images used in the demo site and the screenshot are from PixaBay.com and are released under the CC0 license The screenshot's visible images are as follow:
- http://martz90.deviantart.com/art/Circle-Icons-Pack-371172325 - Social Icons Images
- http://pixabay.com/en/sea-ocean-water-palms-palm-trees-77737/ - 1st image in left sidebar
- http://pixabay.com/en/chain-bridge-budapest-united-states-111329/ - 1st grid image.
- http://pixabay.com/en/colored-pencils-pens-crayons-168392/ - 2nd grid image.
- http://pixabay.com/en/colored-pencils-colour-pencils-star-179167/ - 3rd grid image.
- http://pixabay.com/en/creek-falls-flow-flowing-forest-21749/ - Center main post image.
- http://pixabay.com/en/fruit-pepper-vegetable-vegetables-210105/ - Top right sidebar.
- http://pixabay.com/en/coast-beach-rock-stones-sky-192979/ - 3rd image in left sidebar.
- http://pixabay.com/en/water-waters-bach-waterfall-murmur-4188/ - bottom right sidebar.
= FAQ =
Q: How do you set featured posts? A: Use sticky posts: http://codex.wordpress.org/Sticky_Posts or use the Jetpack plugin along with its Featured Content module: http://jetpack.me/support/featured-content/
Q: How do you get the three featured posts in columns horizontally? A: Featured posts is set to do that automatically. If you see your featured posts vertically, it's probably because your screen is fairly narrow, and since Kavya is responsive, it adapts to fit the content.
Q: Can I remove the sidebar? A: Yes. You can remove the sidebar from theme options setting page. Or if you prefer to remove the sidebar from all pages, simply remove all widgets from the sidebar in Appearance - Widgets.
Q: Can I use Kavya with WordPress.com? A: Yes, Kavya is available for WordPress.com users. More information: http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/kavya
Q: The header image does not resize, but crops instead. A: That's true. The header image in Kavya is designed to be used as a background image which crops, just like the Twenty Thirteen theme. If you'd like to add your company logo, don't use the header image functionality. Instead, use theme options setting page to add your logo to the site title.
Q: How do you add social buttons to the navigation menu? A: Easy. Use Theme Options > Social Settings page to add your social profiles links to the header. Kavya will figure out which icon to show based on the URL.
= Additional Plugin Support =
- Jetpack: Infinite Scroll, Featured Content, Sharing
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP)
- Disqus Comment System
= Translations =
If you've translated this theme into your language, feel free to send the translation over to firstname.lastname@example.org.