Image as block element
Images in Word are always be at block level in exported PDFs. The <Figure> tag does not have any additional attributes that identify it as a block element.
2018-04-19 08:36:04 -0700
Images in Word are always be at block level in exported PDFs. The
<Figure> tag does not have any additional attributes that identify it as a block element.
Issue detected in PDFs made from:
- Microsoft Word 2013 for Windows
- Microsoft Word for Mac (at least up to version 15.33)
PAC 3 warning
Possibly inappropriate use of a “Figure” structure element
Failure Condition of the Matterhorn Protocol
Not part of the Matterhorn protocol.
1st manual approach in Acrobat
The fastest and easiest way is to change the
<Figure> tag to an inline element.
To do so,
- move the
<Figure>tag within the associated paragraph (
- create a new
<P>tag and move the
<Figure>tag inside it.
Please check if the reading order (order of the tags) is still correct afterwards.
2nd manual approach in Acrobat
Add the “Placement” attribute to the
<Figure> tag and force it to be a block element.
- Push the button “Edit attribute objects... ” in the properties of the
- Click on the icon on the left of “Attribute objects”.
- Select the appearing “Attribute object 1” and click the button “New item”.
- Fill in the dialog box as follows:
- Key: Placement
- Value: Block
- Value type: Name