Welcome to Pixen, a free, open source pixel art editor for Mac OS X!
Pixen is now available on the Mac App Store!
Follow us on Twitter @pixenapp!
Mac OS X 10.8 and Xcode 4.6 are recommended to compile Pixen.
- Open Terminal (found in the "Utilities" folder inside your "Applications" folder) and
cdinto a folder in which you'd like to place Pixen's source tree. For example:
- Issue the following command to pull the latest source code to Pixen:
git clone git://github.com/Pixen/Pixen.git
- Once the clone completes, open the Xcode project file found in the root directory of the source tree.
- Hit the 'Run' button to compile and run a working build of Pixen.
- To locate your build of Pixen in the Finder, expand the 'Products' group in Xcode's file navigator.
- Right click on 'Pixen.app' and click 'Show in Finder'.
You may use the Issues page to file bug reports or request features for future releases.
Thank you for using Pixen!