Pixi Animate Extension
Creates a custom FLA document which support publishing to PixiJS natively in Adobe Animate CC (formerly Flash CC 2015).
See examples for sample FLA document to test features of PixiAnimate.
The following dependencies are required in order to publishing FLA document created with this Plugin.
- Adobe Flash CC 2015+ or Adobe Animate CC
- Mac OS X or Windows x64
- Node & NPM
npm install -g electron
If you are trying to install with Adobe Animate CC 2015, you cannot install the ZXP with Adobe Extension Manager CC (this not longer is supported in CC 2015). There are two ways to install:
- Enable syncing in your Adobe CC desktop application (recommended); or
- Use Anastasiy’s Extension Manager to manually install.
To get setup, please follow the instructions outlined from Adobe's documentation. This will enable you to build the project itself and see the plugin exposed from Adobe Animate CC.
- Some project / file names may be changed due to not wanting to produce a plugin named "SamplePlugin".
- The certificate password is:
- If on Windows, in order to use the
--installbuild option, you'll need to download Adobe's extension utility and unzip it to the extension repository folder.
CEP Debug Mode
To setup your platform for development, you must enable debugging in your Adobe preferences for CEP. VERY Important to reboot your machine after making this change or it will not take effect.
Go to Registry,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.6, then add a new entry
PlayerDebugMode of type
"string" with the value of
Add the entry
PlayerDebugMode of type
"string" with value set to
1 in the plist file
Mac OS X Instructions
To build and install to Animate CC directly, run the script. This will copy the plugin and then install in the CEP extension's folder (
To build the extension in debug mode and allow for remote debugging, run this command. Navigate to http://localhost:8008 to get the DevTools for the Publish Settings dialog.
gulp --buildDebug --install
To rebuild the C++ code on the current platform, use the
--plugin flag. This will build the plugin for both debug and release.
gulp --buildDebug --install --plugin
Or to ONLY build the plugin without building the rest of the extension.
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or higher required
- Adobe Animate CC 2015 x64 w/ ZXP utility for Windows
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community or higher
- Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015
- Latest NodeJS
Notice: When switching visual studio from 14 (2015) to a different version, do the following
VCTargetsPathin build/config/win.js to the newly selected toolset
- Update the solution and project files (You probably cannot downgrade these files without rebuilding them from scratch)
Update your npm first
npm install -g npm
Install global npm packages
npm install -g electron gulp-cli
Install or restore local packages
Build plugin and install plugin
gulp --plugin --install
Now use the ZXP utility for windows to install the PixiAnimate.zxp plugin for Adobe Animate CC 2015, make sure to remove the existing plugin before install