A tinder-like web app that helps you find things to do nearby
A live running version can be found at https://findr-rebuild.netlify.com/
I also made use of the
React-Swipy library for the card swiping.
Backend (as an API)
- Foursquare API
This web app was originally made using my very basic react knowledge and the google maps API. It was very bad but the code can still be found in the
- Clone the repository locally
- Navigate to /frontend and run
- Navigate to /backend and run
- Inside the
/backend/example.envfile, put your foursquare client_id and client_secret (info on getting these can be found here)
- In the same file, ensure your list of allowed origins includes 'http://localhost:3000' (this is your frontend)
- Rename your
- Inside of the /backend folder Run
npm startto start the backend. You can see if this is working by visiting
- Inside of the /frontend/src/utils folder, modify the
getPlacesfunction so that the url points to your locally running backend (
- Inside of the /frontend folder, run
npm run devto start the frontend. You can also run
npm run buildfollowed by
npm startto run the production build.
I made this app as a way to solidify everything I have learned, but hopefully I have also made it easy enough to contribute despite that not being the goal of this project.
Feel free to fork the project and make whatever changes you want, I will happily merge them in if they are useful!
If you are stuck on what to work on but still want to contribute, check out the Github Issues as I will put any bugs or potential features there