Deployment system for servers and home directories. In conjuction with GNU Guix and (perhaps) the common workflow langauge (CWL) essentially a replacement for Puppet, Chef, Cfengine, Cfruby, GNU stow, etc. See the doc/design.org document for more.
Historic note: at the time of Cfruby I decided that Cfruby was to be one of my last `large' software projects. How these things come to haunt you! Cfruby is showing its age and now Deploy is bound to be a large project, again.
More information can be found in the design document.
Early days for deploy, YMMV.
Pjotr Prins (c) 2015
Deploy is developed in JIT fashion. First steps are:
- Get machine status (hostname, username, homedir) (done)
- Read command file (done)
- Implement mkdir (done)
- Implement (recursive) file copy (done)
- Implement intermediate data 'bag' format (done)
- Implement (simple) file edit (done)
- Expand recursive file copy and file permissions (in progress)
Sorry, initially, no transactions, parallelization, fancy error reporting etc. But it will come! I have to start somewhere. Call it agility ;). At this stage I have started using deploy for machine management. Cfruby is being phased out.
This software is published under the MIT license.