- kernel: added support for 4.17 kernel.
- build: Cleaned up module clean Makefile.
- Updated Copyright years.
- kernel: added support for 4.13 kernel.
- kernel: added support for 4.12 kernel (thank you Marcel Huber).
- utility: fixed compilation warnings (thank you Marcel Huber).
- kernel: Remove kernel mainline specific code (intended for brd replacement).
- kernel: Change spinlock types to work better with virtio (github issue #13).
- test: Updated tests to a work with the modern version of RapidDisk.
- utility: Add JSON output for RapidDisk configuration (requires libjansson).
- www: remove fat-free (f3) RESTful API.
- kernel: cache - Fixed I/O handler bug for 4.8+ kernels
- documentation: Cleaned up formatting and license disclaimers (thanks Boian!)
- kernel: Update to 4.8 and 4.9 kernels.
- build: Cleaned up Makefiles (thanks Marcel!)
- kernel: Add support for the 4.7 kernel (patch supplied by Marcel Huber)
- packaging: Updated DEB control for PHP changes between Ubuntu 14.04/16.04
- utility: Fixed bug in
- documentation: clean up.
- utility: Added more complex default DES key with backwards compatibility to legacy key.
- ha: added write around support to HA resource agents.
- documentation: corrections / clean up.
- kernel: Added Write-Around support to
- kernel: Fixed
rapiddisk-cacheto accommodate changes in 3.8.3.
- utility: Added a
- utility: Added user definable keys for encryption setup.
- kernel: Readjusted misaligned discard request check to build on kernels older than 4.3.
- kernel: Refuse misaligned discard requests.
- kernel: Convert
ENOSPCwhen cannot alloc pages.
- kernel: Added 4k physical block size attribute.
- Code cleanup.
- packaging: Also need to remove
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNTfrom distro specific packages.
- utility: Fixed all references of RapidCache to RapidDisk-Cache.
- utility: Updated fatfree-framework.
- utility: Addressed bug in RapidDisk REST implementation.
libcryptsetupbuild error for RHEL6.
- Did massive cleanup of administration utility code.
- Converted most (if not all) return codes to POSIX.1 error numbers.
- Code cleanup in RESTful API.
- RapidDisk volumes now show up as non-rotational.
- Cleaned up ioctls in both module and utilies.
- Cleaned up kernel module code.
- Fixed stack overflow bug in administration utility.
- Fixed error print statement in administration utility.
- Updated copyright years.
- Cleaned up build environment, including Makefiles.
- Fixed bug in configuring encryption on device.
- Updated/corrected documentation in manual page and in source.
- Fixed a memory leak in administration utility.
- Placed better checks before deallocating memory in administration utility.
- Updated RapidDisk modules for Linux kernel version 4.4.
- Updated kernel documentation.
rxdskdriver to do the drive enumeration. Removed functionality from administration utility.
- Appropriately initializing major number variable to 0 before registering block device module.
- Administration utility now checks for
rxdskand not module name in
- Converted sector size input in
rxdskmodule to KB input. Modified administration utility to this.
- Fixed bug in check for total
rxdskdevices in module.
- Updated Makefile for tools install to add HA scripts.
- Fixed bugs with HA scripts (both
- Added ability to autoload RapidDisk volumes during module insertion.
- Fixed bug in RapidDisk (volatile) volume size definition across 32 to 64 bit types.
- Making use of
BIT()macro in the driver.
- Removed RapidDisk-NV support. It was redundant with the recently kernel integrated
- Updated code for the 4.3 kernel.
- Cleaned up the main
- Cleaned up entire driver code. Adjusted formatting.
- Identified & corrected a couple of memory leaks.
- Massive code cleanup (intended for kernel submission).
- Minor code optimizations (slight performance improvements).
- Fixed on-line menu of administration binary.
- Updated spec file to autoload modules after install.
- Corrected package description in spec file.
- Fixed memory leak and an exit on failure before removing mutex during a
- Added RESTful test file to test API from CLI.
- Integrated encryption support via
- Enabled RPM builds for Red Hat / CentOS 6 & 7.
- Enabled RapidDisk YUM repo for Red Hat / CentOS 6 & 7 support.
- Added Pacemaker and rgmanager resource files to enable HA support.
- Added NVDIMM support.
- Added RESTful API support.
- Updated administration binary and cleaned up a lot of its code.
- Removed pyRxAdm graphical wrapper.
- Fixed bug when erroring during RapidCache module insertion.
- Cleaned up RapidCache module code (removed
- Bug fix with
rxadmbinary and mapping RapidCache to pre-existing partitions.
- Added more information to RapidDisk
- Addressed compilation warnings for GCC 5.1
- Updated modules for kernel 3.14
rxcachefor Red Hat 6.4 (device mapper conflict)
- Addressed incorrect description of maximum number of rxdsks supported.
- Updated modules for kernel 3.10.
Makefilefor cross compiling install.
- Addressed a bug in
rxdskprint statement (wrong type). Thanks go to Neo for discovering and patching it.
- Minor update adding DKMS support.
- Adding support to build and install/uninstall tools separately (i.e. without modules, as in when installing with DKMS).
- Added better implementation of
BLKFLSBUFioctl to rxdsk module. This will "flush data" and truncate pages.
- Added flush command to
- Added support for Linux kernel 3.9. Tested on 3.9.2.
- Cleaned up code and removed unused and unimplemented caching feature (write-around).
- Added support for Linux kernel 3.8. Tested on 3.8-rc7.
- Made some modifications to the modules' makefile.
- Added support for Linux kernels 3.6 & 3.7. Tested on 3.6.9 and 3.7-rc8.
rxcachekernel update: Make spinlocks less greedy by removing most of the disable ALL interupts spinlocks and replacing them with spinlocks to disable interrupts ONLY from bottom halves.
- Added support for building in 3.4 and later Linux kernels.
- Update module Makefile to point to a different
- Removed warning for RapidCache build.
- Addressed an issue with
mdraid 1 (mirror) and using
rxdskin which the
mddriver would routinely send i/o of size 0 and
rxdskwould return an
EIO, failing the array. Problem and solution found and provided by Dmitry Trikoz of Stratus Technologies.
- Addressed warning generated for kernels 3.2 and later with the return type of the
- Added comments and cleaned error messages in pyRxAdm.
- Added comments to
- Added additional functionality to pyRxAdm (add, map, archive, restore) also added some more error checking.
- Fixed bug in
archive.c) during the archival process.
- Updated version no. (
rxcommon.h) and removed b's to move from beta to production.
- Added a couple more switches to list version/help info of
- Cleaned up
rxadmlogo for pyRxAdm (
- Added cmd/pyRxAdm wrapper
- Modifed short-list feature output and modified error statement (
- Added logo for wrapper (
- Updated version no. (
- Cleaned up debug messages on modules and added a couple of more.
- Fixed bug #5 relating to using the
rxadmutility without any nodes listed in
- Cleaned up a few messages in both
rxcachewrite/read through caching module support.
rxcachemanagement features in
- Modified input for archive/restore in
rxadmto not use absolute path for
rxdsknode. It maintains a form of consistency across all commands.
- Fixed bug #4 by adding the
BLKFLSBUFioctl() command to process. This is specifically for when the user places an rxd node in an
- Added a new test file to test the new ioctl command.
- Cleaned up the Makefiles a bit and now the user can build and install the kernel module from the root of the package tree as opposed to doing it from the module directory.
- Fixed bug #3 which was for a warning during the build of
rxadmon an x86_64 architecture. Thanks go to Gustaf Ullberg for discovering the root cause and providing a quick solution.
- Removed the "b" from version strings to signify non-beta. This project seems to be production ready.
- Also added a test suite and some additional test tools for testing data integrity, performance, etc. This will help a lot for feature testing in future releases.
- Added check in management utility to make sure that
rxdsknode is present before archiving and restoring compressed/ decompressed images.
- Added new feature to archive/restore an rxd volume to/from a zlib compressed data file (many thanks to Simon Ball for suggesting a similar feature).
- Added an ioctl to handle an invalid query sent by later versions of
udevthat correspond with Linux kernels 2.6.35 and above.
- Also integrated patch submitted by James Plummer of Stratus Technologies to address 32 bit limitation of
rxdskcreation/resizing by casting the variable to a 64-bit type. Patch also included minor clean up code/optimizations for the same
- Optimized the configuring of the request queue.
- Added checks to build from 2.6.32 all the way to the latest (currently 3.0.3).
- Added support for dynamic resizing of attached
- Official public release.