ORCID Profile Plugin
Plugin for adding and verifying ORCID iD in PKP user profiles and author metadata (for OJS 3.1.1).
Plugin for PKP user profiles (for OJS 3.1.2)
Copyright © 2015-2019 University of Pittsburgh
Copyright © 2014-2019 Simon Fraser University
Copyright © 2003-2019 John Willinsky
Licensed under GPL 2 or better.
New in version 1.1.0
- Enable site-wide configuration of ORCID API settings using config.inc.php
- Support ORCID API Version 2.1 (store only https ORCID Ids)
- Allow journal managers to send e-mails requesting authors for ORCID authorization on submission or later.
- Automated e-mail based authorization requests to authors when submission enters to production stage.
- Display ORCID access status and expiration date in Author metadata
- Support of template based detailed success/failure messages for ORCID authorization redirects.
- Extra configurable (in plugin settings) ORCID log file in
OJS_FILES_DIR/orcid.logfor API communication. NOTE: Make sure that the files folder is not publicly accessible
Extra functionalities for ORCID Member organizations
- Extra e-mail template
ORCID_REQUEST_AUTHOR_AUTHORIZATIONfor requesting API access tokens.
- Updated template text, e-mail templates for English and German locales.
- Member API Email-Template activated upon selection of ORCID member API
- Support for synchronizing submission meta data to authorized records in follwing stage changes:
- Assign a submission to an already published issue
- Publish a new issue
- Author grants permission after the publication of the issue
Technical Workflow description
The included authorization link will have the access scope
An author can authorize access to his/her ORCID record to allow the adding of the submission to the record.
See https://members.orcid.org/api/oauth/orcid-scopes for more information.