Play on Kodi
HTML5 app for Ubuntu Touch. Use this app with your Kodi entertainment system.
- Search for YouTube videos on your mobile device and play them on your Kodi entertainment system.
- Search for Podcasts on your mobile device and play them on your Kodi entertainment system.
- If you authenticate your YouTube account you can list your activity feed and play the videos on Kodi.
- Music Party button shuffles your music library and plays it on Kodi.
- Weather button to display weather information on Kodi.
- Basic remote control features.
- Mirrors fanart as a background on your mobile device.
- Start a 500px slideshow on Kodi and mirror the photos to your mobile device.
- List HDHomeRun channels on your mobile device and play them on Kodi.
NOTE: Some features like the 500px button use keyboard navigation functions and may not work if you are not using the Confluence theme.
Kodi system settings requirement
Under System, Settings, Services, Remote control, enable "Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi". This will open port 9090 and allow this app to establish bi-directional communication with Kodi using WebSockets.
- Better handle when to clear playlists.
- Better handle refreshing YouTube token.
- Find a better method than using keyboard navigation for starting a 500px slideshow.
Please report bugs and feature requests on the issues page.
Software used in this app:
- AngularJS - https://angularjs.org/
- Reconnecting-websocket - https://github.com/joewalnes/reconnecting-websocket/blob/master/reconnecting-websocket.js
- Moment - http://momentjs.com/
- Kodi 500px addon
- Kodi YouTube addon
API services used in this app:
- YouTube - For video search - https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/
- Feed Wrangler - For podcast search and episode lists - https://feedwrangler.net/developers