Spotipy - a Python client for The Spotify Web API
Spotipy is a thin client library for the Spotify Web API.
Spotipy's full documentation is online at Spotipy Documentation.
If you already have Python on your system you can install the library simply by downloading the distribution, unpack it and install in the usual fashion:
python setup.py install
You can also install it using a popular package manager with
pip install spotipy
- Requests - spotipy requires the requests package to be installed
To get started, simply install spotipy, create a Spotify object and call methods:
import spotipy sp = spotipy.Spotify() results = sp.search(q='weezer', limit=20) for i, t in enumerate(results['tracks']['items']): print ' ', i, t['name']
If you have suggestions, bugs or other issues specific to this library, file them here. Or just send me a pull request.
- 1.0 - 04/05/2014 - Initial release
- 1.1 - 05/18/2014 - Repackaged for saner imports
- 1.4.1 - 06/17/2014 - Updates to match released API
- 1.4.2 - 06/21/2014 - Added support for retrieving starred playlists
- v1.40, June 12, 2014 -- Initial public release.
- v1.42, June 19, 2014 -- Removed dependency on simplejson
- v1.43, June 27, 2014 -- Fixed JSON handling issue
- v1.44, July 3, 2014 -- Added show tracks.py example
- v1.45, July 7, 2014 -- Support for related artists endpoint. Don't use cache auth codes when scope changes
- v1.49, July 23, 2014 -- Support for "Your Music" tracks (add, delete, get), with examples
- v1.50, August 14, 2014 -- Refactored util out of examples and into the main package
- v1.301, August 19, 2014 -- Upgraded version number to take precedence over previously botched release (sigh)
- v1.310, August 20, 2014 -- Added playlist replace and remove methods. Added auth tests. Improved API docs
- v2.0 - August 22, 2014 -- Upgraded APIs and docs to make it be a real library
- v2.0.2 - August 25, 2014 -- Moved to spotipy at pypi
- v2.1.0 - October 25, 2014 -- Added support for new_releases and featured_playlists
- v2.2.0 - November 15, 2014 -- Added support for user_playlist_tracks
- v2.3.0 - January 5, 2015 -- Added session support added by akx.
- v2.3.2 - March 31, 2015 -- Added auto retry logic
- v2.3.3 - April 1, 2015 -- added client credential flow
- v2.3.5 - April 28, 2015 -- Fixed bug in auto retry logic
- v2.3.6 - June 3, 2015 -- Support for offset/limit with album_tracks API
- v2.3.7 - August 10, 2015 -- Added current_user_followed_artists
- v2.3.8 - March 30, 2016 -- Added recs, audio features, user top lists
- v2.4.0 - December 31, 2016 -- Incorporated a number of PRs
- v2.4.1 - January 2, 2017 -- Incorporated proxy support
- v2.4.2 - January 2, 2017 -- support getting audio features for a single track
- v2.4.3 - January 2, 2017 -- fixed proxy issue in standard auth flow
- v2.4.4 - January 4, 2017 -- python 3 fix