I wanted a very simple blog that just read markdown files and displayed them newest to oldest. I also wanted some simple templating. So I made this in a night. It uses Twig for templating and FrontYAML for parsing markdown.
- Clone this repo to where you want your blog
Writing blog posts
Posts live in the
content folder, and should be named like
url-for-post/post.md. So, a post with a URL of
something-super-awesome would live in the folder
content/something-super-awesome/post.md Make sure to include
frontmatter in YAML format (parseable by FrontYAML) that has at least:
There are 4 templates:
- base.html - The base template that other templates extend
- index.html - The template that lists blog posts
- post.html - The template that displays a single blog post
- 404.html - The template that displays when a post can't be found
- Add subdirectory support
- More stuff?