Haskoin is an implementation of the Bitcoin protocol in Haskell.
Haskoin is a package implementing the Bitcoin protocol specifications. It is written in pure Haskell and the library is implemented mostly with pure functions (no IO monad). It provides the following features:
- ECDSA cryptographic primitives (secp256k1)
- Hashing functions (sha-256, ripemd-160)
- Base58 encoding
- BIP32 extended key derivations
- BIP39 mnemonic key
- Script parsing and evaluation
- Building and signing of standard transactions (regular, multisig, p2sh)
- Deterministic signing (rfc-6979)
- Network protocol type parsing
- Headerchain implementation (Blockchain with headers only)
- Bloom filters and partial merkle tree library
- Headers-first SPV node implementation (network-only, no wallet)
- JSON-RPC/Stratum client library
A wallet implementation using the SPV node library is available in the haskoin-wallet package.
Installing from Cabal
You can install the latest stable version of the haskoin package automatically through the cabal package manager:
# Compile for prodnet cabal install haskoin # Compile for testnet cabal install haskoin --flags=testnet
Commits are done through GitHub pull requests.
We do a lot of our technical discussions in the IRC channel #haskoin on chat.freenode.net.