Convergence is a library that implements some of the well known CRDTs as defined in the paper A comprehensive study of Convergent and Commutative Replicated Data Types, as well as some additional CRDTs i came up with.
In Abstract Algebra a CRDT is formally known as a Semilattice. All Semilattices must obey the following rules:
x ∧ (y ∧ z) = (x ∧ y) ∧ z
x ∧ y = y ∧ x
x ∧ x = x
There is a somewhat cannonical paper on CRDTs called A comprehensive study of Convergent and Commutative Replicated Data Types. This paper contains the the definitions of the two main families of CRDTs (CvRDT vs CmRDT) along with the specifications for numerous CRDT counters, registers and sets.
- G-Counter: State-based increment-only Counter
- GA-Counter: Actor-indexed State-based increment-only Counter
- PN-Counter: State-based Counter
- PN-Counter: Actor-indexed State-based Counter
- LWW-Register: Last Writer Wins Register
- G-Set: Grow-only Set
- 2P-Set: Two-phase Set
- LWW-element-Set: Last Writer Wins Element Set
- OR-Set: Observed-Remove Set
- MC-Set: Max-Change Set
Add the following to your
resolvers += "Plasma Conduit Repository" at "http://dl.bintray.com/plasmaconduit/releases", libraryDependencies += "com.plasmaconduit" %% "convergence" % "0.1.0"