Baby Connect Project
This repository contains one part of a multi-part project to enable the automation of adding data to the Baby Connect service.
The flow is:
- User interacts with Amazon Echo
- Alexa skill is triggered (baby-connect-alexa-skill)
- The Alexa skill sends a message to an AWS SQS message queue.
- A Raspberry Pi running a listener (baby-connect-sqs-listener) receives the message from the message queue.
- The listener uses a library (baby-connect) to log into the Baby Connect web site and add the data.
Since Baby Connect doesn't expose an API, the (baby-connect) library uses browser automation. This requires launching chromium as a child process which is not supported in Lambda and is the reason we use a message queue with a standalone listener application.
This repository contains the resources necessary to create an Alexa Skills Kit skill to allow you to use your Echo to log data into Baby Connect.
You'll need to create an account on Amazon Developer to begin creating your skill.
You can read through the
Custom Skill Tutorial
to get an understanding of the components involved. Some resources are required
besides the code for the Lambda function that will drive the skill. These
resources can be found in the
To prepare the Lambda function, install the dependencies in the
cd src npm install
config.json file in the
src folder using
Zip the files in the
src folder (not the folder itself) and upload that as the
source of your Lambda function.