Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The Play Team is pleased to announce the release of Play Framework 2.6.20. This is the latest stable release of Play.
What is Play Framework?
Play is a high-productivity Java and Scala web application framework that integrates the components and APIs you need for modern web application development.
Play is based on a lightweight, stateless, web-friendly architecture and features predictable and minimal resource consumption (CPU, memory, threads) for highly-scalable applications thanks to its reactive model, based on Akka Streams.
- To start a new project, visit https://www.playframework.com/download.
- To upgrade an existing Play 2.6 project, edit your
project/plugins.sbtfile and set the
- To update an older Play project, take a look at the Play 2.6 Migration Guide.
Join the Play Community
Want to discuss the new release or have questions related to Play? Visit the Play Framework forum.
Play 2.6.20 brings several bug fixes and performance improvements. Notable changes:
- playframework/playframework#8642: Honor play settings on AkkaHttpServer for client auth in SSL.
- playframework/playframework#dc3e11977: Update Akka 2.5.17.
- playframework/playframework#8586: Added Java APIs for general dependency-injection to be DI framework agnostic
- playframework/playframework#8614: Fix PhantomReference approach for TempFileCreator
Thanks to the community for their detailed bug reports and contributions.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release: Alexandr Tarasyuk, Dale Wijnand, Ignasi Marimon-Clos, Marcos Pereira, Matthias Kurz, Renato Cavalcanti, Shenker93, Yinan Ding, techmoksha.