playPORTAL StudioTM provides a service to app developers for managing users of all ages and the data associated with the app and the app users, while providing compliance with required COPPA laws and guidelines.
playPORTAL REST API
Create playPORTAL Partner Account
- Navigate to playPORTAL Studio
- Click on Sign Up For FREE Accountt
- After creating your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your account.
Register your App with playPORTAL
- After confirmation, log in to the playPORTAL Studio
- In the left navigation bar click on the Apps tab.
- In the Apps panel, click on the "+ Add App" button.
- Add an icon, name & description for your app.
- For "Environment" leave "Sandbox" selected.
- Click "Add App"
Generate your Client ID and Client Secret
- Tap "Client IDs & Secrets"
- Tap "Generate Client ID"
- The values generated will be used later.
Add a "Registered Redirect URI"
- Tap "Registered Redirect URIs"
- Tap "+ Add Redirect URI"
- Enter your redirect uri (e.g. - localhost:3000/redirect) in to the prompt and click "Submit".
Add all of the scopes your app will need.
Scope Description Profile Retrieve profile information about an playPORTAL user Smart Seacrh) Search for other playPORTAL users who use your application Friends List Get a users' list of friends & their profiles Lightning Database Securely store the user data your app needs Leaderboards Create custom leaderboards for your app Push Notifications Send personalized push notifications directly to your users
Choose OAuth2 Flow
|Flow||When to Use||Notes|
|Web Server Application||Your application uses a web server and can prevent the ClientSecret from being visible to the public.|
|Mobile Application||You Application is deployed to a device, such as a phone, iPad, or Tablet.||Applicaton flow supports a code challenge per the Proof Key for Code Exchange spec.|
- playPORTAL verifies the domain used to invoke the Social Sign-On has been registered in the playPORTAL partner dashboard.
Mobile Application Flow
- Mobile applications do not store and manage a client secret. Instead, the mobile application sends a code challenge to the playPORTAL authorization server which is later returned with the auth code.
OAuth library to interface with playPORTAL. Use the configuration settings below:Integrate an
|Client ID||Generated in playPORTAL Studio||Generated in playPORTAL Studio|
|Client Secret||Generated in playPORTAL Studio
Note: not required for client-side or mobile applications
|Generated in playPORTAL Studio|
|Callback URL||Your production callback URL||Your test callback URL|
Provide the token in the Authorization header of any request to playPORTAL APIs, such as the Profile API to retrieve information about the current user. Requests should include the access token as a Bearer Token in the Authorization header.
Authorization: Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN
You can read the OAuth implementation details and review the structure of the JWT on the OAuth Flow Details page.
Build your application!