zmNinja is a multi platform (iOS, Android, Windows Desktop, Mac Desktop, Linux Desktop) client for ZoneMinder users. ZoneMinder is an incredible open source camera monitoring system and is used by many for home and commercial security monitoring.
- Official documents are here
- If you are looking for the Machine Learning powered Event Server companion, docs are here
- Post in the ZoneMinder Mobile App forum or find me on ZoneMinder's slack channel (you can join here)
- If you believe you've discovered a bug, please create a GitHub issue
Before you ask for help
- Make sure you have read the FAQ
- Make sure you have validated that your APIs are working (if not, its a ZM issue, please post in ZM forums)
- Please don't ask me for help with source compilation if you are not familiar with coding mobile apps - you should try and solve your own problems
Check out a video demo of zmNinja here
zmNinja is stable as of today and runs on a variety of Android and iOS platforms. See links above to get them on play store (Android) and app store (iOS)
It also runs on the desktop (see below)
Please download binaries from here.
- Push Notifications Object detection/face recognition for alarms (Needs the eventserver to be set up)
- Multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, and more)
- H264 video support
- live views of monitors
- Montage view (with multiple montage profile settings/sizes)
- Events history and list
- Timeline view
- Camera pan/tilt/zoom (needs to have ZM support it first)
- 24hr review
- Client certificates are not supported
- If you use self signed certificates, you will likely have to install them in your phone (especially Android)
- If you use Basic Authentication, you'll have to go through additional setup (see FAQ)
To the Zonemider community in general, and the awesome Stack Overflow community. But specifically, Andrew Bauer (knight-of-ni) who egged me on to take up this project and Isaac Connor who has been incredibly supportive in helping fix various ZM issues that affected zmNinja.
- zmNinja needs APIs enabled in ZoneMinder. See this for instructions on how to make sure your APIs are working. If they are not working, zmNinja will not work.
Why did I develop zmNinja?
- I wanted to learn how to write a mobile app. It was (and is) fun.
- I originally reached out to tinyCam to see if they were willing to do an app - did not get a response
- I found zmView limited for my needs