Plomino is a powerful and flexible web-based application builder for Plone.
- create your own custom applications from a web interface without programming
- create and design forms in WYSIWYG mode
- easily embed charts or maps
- create specific actions with formulas (compute fields, send emails, ...)
- adapt the application behaviour depending on the user access rights and roles
- import/export your application structure and/or your application data, including replication between Plomino instances
Plomino is a through-the-web application builder, hence:
- it is not a through-the-web content-type builder like Dexterity, which is perfect to create a custom content type but that will always stick to the standard content management scenario, while Plomino allows any custom scenario,
- it is not just a form generator like PloneFormGen, as Plomino provides all the services (data storage, search, automation, import/export, etc.) to build an entire application. Regarding form generation itself, a major difference with PloneFormGen is that Plomino allows editing the form layout in its entirety, while PloneFormGen uses a fixed pre-defined form layout.
Resources and documentation
Screencasts and how-tos are available on http://www.plomino.net/ .
Plomino documentation is available on ReadTheDocs.
Note: if you think something is missing in the documentation, please send your pull request at https://github.com/plomino/PlominoDoc .
Plomino itself is internationalized and translated in seven languages. Applications built with Plomino can be internationalized (see the related documentation).
To deploy Plomino, you need to edit your
and add the following in the
eggs = ... Products.CMFPlomino
Then you have to run
buildout to realize your configuration:
Use version 2.x on Plone 5, and 1.x for Plone 4.
You can find support on the freenode IRC channel #plomino or using the GitHub issue tracker
git clone https://github.com/plomino/Plomino.git cd Plomino virtualenv -p python2.7 . ./bin/pip install -r requirements.txt ./bin/buildout
- Eric BREHAULT <email@example.com>
- Jean Jordaan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Silvio Tomatis <email@example.com>
The complete list is available here <http://www.plomino.net/credits>.