Plomino is a powerful and flexible web-based application builder for Plone.
- create your own custom applications from a web interface without programming
- create and design forms in WYSIWYG mode
- easily embed charts or maps
- create specific actions with formulas (compute fields, send emails, ...)
- adapt the application behaviour depending on the user access rights and roles
- import/export your application structure and/or your application data, including replication between Plomino instances
Plomino is a through-the-web application builder, hence:
- it is not a through-the-web content-type builder like Dexterity, which is perfect to create a custom content type but that will always stick to the standard content management scenario, while Plomino allows any custom scenario,
- it is not just a form generator like PloneFormGen, as Plomino provides all the services (data storage, search, automation, import/export, etc.) to build an entire application. Regarding form generation itself, a major difference with PloneFormGen is that Plomino allows editing the form layout in its entirety, while PloneFormGen uses a fixed pre-defined form layout.
Screencasts and how-tos are available on http://www.plomino.net/ .
Plomino documentation is available on ReadTheDocs.
Note: if you think something is missing in the documentation, please send your pull request at https://github.com/plomino/PlominoDoc .
Plomino itself is internationalized and translated in seven languages. Applications built with Plomino can be internationalized (see the related documentation).
To deploy Plomino, you need to edit your buildout.cfg file and add the following in the eggs section:
eggs = ... Products.CMFPlomino
Then you have to run buildout to realize your configuration:
If you're using Plone version older than 4.2 you'll need to add some more directives to your buildout.cfg.
Plomino depends on plone.app.registry, and plomino.tinymce requires Products.TinyMCE>=1.2.13. To make Plomino work on pre-4.2 Plone sites you need to pin those versions in your versions.cfg section:
and use a known good set for plone.app.registry.
This means extending your buildout from:
replacing 4.0.9 with the actual version you need.
You can find support on the freenode IRC channel #plomino or using the GitHub issue tracker
- Eric BREHAULT <email@example.com>
- Jean Jordaan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Silvio Tomatis <email@example.com>
The complete list is available here <http://www.plomino.net/credits>.