Plone 5.1: Unified Installer
The Plone Unified Installer is a source-installation kit that installs Plone and its dependencies from source on most Unix-like platforms.
The kit includes Plone and Zope and will download components like Python if needed.
Python is installed in a way that will not change or interfere with your system Python.
Important: Back up your existing Plone site prior to running the installer or running buildout to update.
- checks for needed dependencies
- choose between zeo and standalone install
- choose between user and root install
- create system user and group for running plone
- and more
For a full list of features, please check the documentation.
Download the Installer:
$ wget --no-check-certificate https://launchpad.net/plone/5.0/5.1.2/+download/Plone-5.1.2-UnifiedInstaller.tgz
Extract the downloaded file:
$ tar -xf Plone-5.1.2-UnifiedInstaller.tgz
Go the folder containing installer script:
$ cd Plone-5.1.2-UnifiedInstaller
If you run the installer with no option arguments, it will ask a series of questions about basic options.
For a full list of options, many of which are not available via the dialog questions, use:
For certain production install options you will have to run the installer with
sudoor as root.
This is generally not necessary when building development or evaluation systems.
Full documentation for end users can be found in the /docs directory of this repository.
It is also available as part of our documentation.
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/plone//Installers-UnifiedInstaller/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/plone//Installers-UnifiedInstaller
- Documentation: http://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/installation.html/unified-unix-installer
If you are having issues, please let us know.
We have our community space at: https://community.plone.org/c/development/installer
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.