Archetypes is a developers framework for rapidly developing and deploying rich, full featured content types within the context of Zope/CMF and Plone.
Archetypes is based around the idea of an Active Schema. Rather than provide a simple description of a new data type, Archetype schemas do the actual work and heavy lifting involved in using the new type. Archetype Schemas serve as easy extension points for other developers as project specific components can be created and bound or you can choose among the rich existing set of features.
- Simple schemas with working default policy.
- Power and flexibility with lowered incidental complexity.
- Full automatic form generation
- Unique Ids for objects
- Object References/Relationships
- Per Type cataloging in one or more catalogs
Go into the root of your buildout and run:
Major resource for documentation is located at plone.org.