This product is the implementation of a PLIP initiated by Maik Röder: http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/52
Placeful Workflow is a Plone product that allows you to define workflow policies that define content type to workflow mappings that can be applied in any sub-folder of your Plone site:
- When you access the root of your site, you will see a new action in the workflow state drop-down menu called "policy". Click on the "policy" link.
- The next page will let you add a policy to your folder by clicking on the "Add Workflow policy" link. Click on "Add Workflow policy".
- Now you have a workflow policy in your site, and you can set the workflow policies for this folder and below.
We didn't add any workflow policies, so you don't have a choice of different workflow policies yet, so the default workflow policy will be taken both for the folder and below.
- Use Site Setup -> Add-on Products panel to install
- Now you can define and apply local workflow policies through the Plone Interface.
Now, let's define a new workflow policy:
- Access "Site Setup" and click on "Placeful Workflow" in the "Add-on Product Configuration" section.
- Enter the name "my_policy" in the "New policy" field, and click on "add".
- Now you have a new policy. Enter the title "Example policy" and the description "This is an example policy".
- Change the workflow for the content type "Folder" from "folder_workflow" to plone_workflow", and click on "Save". Now all your content types should use the "plone_workflow".
Let's test the new workflow policy for "Folders" at the root of our site:
- At the root of the site, select the "Policy" link in the workflow state drop-down menu.
- Select "Example policy" for "In this Folder" and "Below this Folder" and click "Save".
- Then, let's add a Folder to see whether the new workflow policy is active. Go to the root of your site and select "Folder" from the "Add new item" drop-down list. Enter the id "myfolder", the title "My folder" and the description "This is my folder", and click on "Save".
- Now, when you access the "State" drop-down list, you will see that you have the possibility to "submit" the folder. The submit transition only exists in the "plone_workflow", and is absent from the "folder_workflow", which demonstrates that the workflow policy we have chosen is used for the "Folder" content type.
Let's go one step further and add a new folder inside of "My folder". After having added the new folder, you should also find the "Submit" transition available.
Now it would be interesting to change the workflow policy setting in the Plone site. Let's first change the workflow policy for "Below this Folder" to "Default Policy". You will find that the second folder does not more have the "submit" transition.
You can add an additional workflow policy in the first folder, which assigns the "My policy" for "In this Folder", so the second folder will once again have the "submit" transition.
The Placeful Workflow tool (portal_placeful_workflow) is installed by the installer. It provides a few configuration options so that you use to create you workflow policies through the ZMI.
Plone 5 support only