2.x is only to be used with Plone 5 and 1.x is to be used in Plone 4.3.
The goal of
plone.app.widgets is to provide an implementation for a new set
project. It overrides explicit widgets used in dexterity and archetypes to
provide tested and modularized widgets based on the concept of patterns.
This package should be safe to install and easy to uninstall (there is also uninstall profile). That means its fairly safe to give it a try, but just in case don't forget to create backup before testing it.
This project will be integrated with Plone 5 and will never reach version 2.0.0. You can monitor progress of PLIP here.
The fields that are using updated widgets are:
- Tags field (AjaxSelectWidget)
- Language field (SelectWidget)
- Effective date field (DatetimeWidget)
- Expire date field (DatetimeWidget)
- Contributors field (AjaxSelectWidget)
- Creators field (AjaxSelectWidget)
- Related items field (RelatedItemsWidget)
- Query string field (QueryStringWidget) in case plone.app.contenttypes is installed.
For any feature / bug / comment please create an issue in the issue tracker.
For now only tested with latest Plone 4.3:
[buildout] extends = http://dist.plone.org/release/4.3-latest/versions.cfg https://raw.github.com/plone/plone.app.widgets/master/versions.cfg versions = versions parts = instance [instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance user = admin:admin http-address = 8080 eggs = Pillow Plone plone.app.widgets[archetypes,dexterity] zcml = plone.app.widgets
Make sure you install the "Plone Widgets" profile when creating your Plone site
plone.app.widgets:default profile in your