plone.schemaeditor provides a through-the-web interface for modifying Zope 3 schemata (interfaces).
Currently there is support for:
- adding and removing fields
- editing attributes of existing fields
- reordering fields
- renaming fields
plone.schemaeditor only handles the actual schema editing. To be useful, it requires some integration code to take care of the following pieces:
- traversing to a schema that is used as the context of the editor
- persisting schema changes across Zope restarts
See plone.app.dexterity (along with plone.dexterity and plone.supermodel) for one approach to this integration.
The following field types (from zope.schema) are currently supported:
- Choice (with simple list of values)
- List of Choice (with simple list of values)
Third-party packages can make additional field types available by registering new IFieldFactory utilities.
- Zope 2
Despite the namespace, Plone is not a dependency.
Note: This package is released under a BSD license. Contributors, please do not add dependencies on GPL code.
- David Glick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nathan Van Gheem
- Martin Aspeli
- Alex Limi
- Ross Patterson
- Steve McMahon