A site for finding power outlets.
In addition to the envigor configurations for mongodb, s3, smtp, and facebook:
- MAPBOX_TILES: The ID of the tiles used by MapBox (passed to the JS API constructor).
- BCRYPT_ROUNDS: Rounds to generate bcrypt hashes with (defaults to 10).
- EMAIL_TOKEN_SENDER: Address for account emails to come from.
Note: Actually, all these things are currently hard-coded. This is more of a wishlist.
- SESSION_SECRET: A secret string to authenticate session tokens (for some
reason). Recommended to use output from
pwgen -sB 64 1.
Set up all the things you'll need for this app:
- S3: I don't know, I'm using DreamObjects.
- MapBox: Go to Mapbox, make an account, make a tileset.
- Facebook: Go to developers.facebook.com, make a new app, copy the variables to the env via
- MongoDB: On Heroku,
heroku addons:add mongolab(or mongohq).
- SMTP: On Heroku, install one of https://addons.heroku.com/#email-sms (the ones this app recognizes are listed above).
- DNS: On Heroku,
heroku addons:add zerigo_dns(note you'll need to go to the web console if you want to set up an MX record).
The structure of this app is currently a little unusual:
- app.js ties all the app functionality together, and handles setting the locals common to all requests.
- API functions are in routes/api.js, which are implemented under the '/api/v0' subroute by app.js.
- User-related routes are tied together as an app by routes/userRoutes.js.
- Plug-related routes are tied together as an app by routes/plugRoutes.js.