Single and multi room audio visual stream management.
Your best bet is to install using cpanm + local::lib. This will install everything under your user directory and will avoid polluting your system perl libraries. It's also how PLUG + LCA use it.
Grab cpanm + local::lib
$ sudo apt-get install cpanminus liblocal-lib-perl
Configure local::lib if you haven't already done so:
$ perl -Mlocal::lib >> ~/.bashrc $ eval $(perl -Mlocal::lib)
Install from CPAN
You can run through the host configuration wizard with '--configure'.
$ eventstreamr --configure Welcome to the EventStreamr config utility It will clear the current config, is this ok? y/n [n]: y Room - For record path and controller [test_room]: backend - DVswitch|GSTswitch [DVswitch]: Mixer - Video mixer interface y/n [y]: y host - switching host [127.0.0.1]: port - switching port : $room + $date can be used as variables in the path and will correctly be set and created at run time recordpath - [/tmp/$room/$date]: Ingest - audio/video ingest y/n [y]: Enable 'Oculus VR Inc. Camera DK2' for ingest [y]: n Enable 'Chicony Electronics Co. Ltd. ASUS USB2.0 Webcam' for ingest [y]: Enable 'C-Media Electronics, Inc. ' for ingest [y]: Config written successfully
You can list out the devices available using '--devices'
$ eventstreamr --devices ID (Type) - Name video0 (V4L) - Oculus VR Inc. Camera DK2 video1 (V4L) - Chicony Electronics Co. Ltd. ASUS USB2.0 Webcam 0d8c:0008 (ALSA) - C-Media Electronics, Inc.
A station can have one or more roles. Only one controller can manage stations.
- controller - Web based frontend for managing stations
- ingest - alsa/dv/v4l capture for sending to mixer
- mixer - DVswitch/streaming live mixed video. With the intention for this to be easily replaced by gstswitch
- stream - stream mixed video
- record - stream mixed video
- sync - rsync files to a central server (requires keyless ssh to be configured)
- baseimage - docs, notes, and tools for the base (OS) image
- station - station management scripts
- controller - controller stack
Station Script Requirements
See package.deps for list of packages required
A list of known issues that cause minor problems, but have workarounds.
- Ensure all configured ALSA devices are plugged in on boot
- Reboot or Restart the EventStreamr Daemon (pressing update from the controller will restart it)