Perhaps you are familiar with Git, Django, jQuery, Python, JS, CSS, HTML, RabbitMQ, Celery and the DOM.
Despite all that, web developing at Mozilla can still be challenging. The Webdev Bootcamp is an attempt to clarify how things are sometimes done.
This documentation is in Github, so if you find any mistakes or omissions please fork it and do a pull request.
This document is strictly a guide. If the documentation told you to jump off a cliff, would you? Likewise, if you can do something better, or if you think what's been documented is not right. Challenge it and make life better for your webdev siblings.
- port this document - http://etherpad.mozilla.org:9000/webdev-bootcamp
- Link to jsocol's continuous deployment doc
- Link to IT Requests
- Add indexes everywhere.
- See if the anonymize directory is correct.
- Verify that the slave db is correct.
- screen shots
- explain data centers - http://blog.mozilla.com/mrz/2010/01/04/mozillas-new-phoenix-data-center/