How to contribute to PMD
First off, thanks for taking the time to contribute!
Please create your pull request against the
masterbranch. We will rebase/merge it to the maintenance branches, if necessary.
We used to use Sourceforge for bug tracking, but we are in the process of moving to github issues.
- Old bugs are still available at https://sourceforge.net/p/pmd/bugs/.
- Please report new bugs at https://github.com/pmd/pmd/issues.
When filing a bug report, please provide as much information as possible, so that we can reproduce the issue:
- The name of the rule, that is buggy
- A code snippet, which triggers a false positive/negative or crash
- How do you execute PMD? (command line, ant, maven, gradle, other)
There is some documentation available under https://pmd.github.io. Feel free to create a bug report if documentation is missing, incomplete or outdated.
The documentation is generated as a maven site, the source is available at: https://github.com/pmd/pmd/tree/master/src/site
There are various channels, on which you can ask questions:
The mailing list: pmd-devel
The discussion forums on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/p/pmd/discussion/
On StackOverflow: Make sure, to tag your question with "pmd".
PMD uses checkstyle to enforce a common code style.