Script to easily setup a chroot jail for ssh / scp / sftp with Linux
The original commit contains unmodified copy of the script from
You'll find nice explanation and usage instructions there.
More specific examples are on the net, search for "make_chroot_jail".
Second commit has changes needed for Ubuntu 12.04, and was originally published at http://www.devcu.com/forums/topic/560-chrootjail-users-for-sshscp-ubuntu-1204/
Finally, current version made the script non-interactive, better suitable for automated operation:
- create user without a password
- if the user exists and jailed then do nothing
- if the user exists then jail her
- do not create shell if already exists
- tested on Ubuntu 8.04 to 14.04
- added APPS: cat more less nano
- copied /lib/terminfo