Kary Foundation’s Dark Theme for Atom
This is the official Kary Foundation's Dark Syntax Theme for GitHub Atom.
What is this?
This page obviously is about a syntax theme, but for this one we have somehow a back story that is way different than just different coloring.
When people say beautiful codes they always mean less complexity or clever code but when we say that we mean it for real. The code must look nice when you read it. In order to manage the code we invented Kary Foundation’s Coding Style (KFCS) and the fact that we have a very restricted way of coding style.
Now beauty matters but also it’s the psychology that matters. As developers what you see all day long is code. So it matters that the code be pretty and it matters that your editor is pretty because well it’s your life happening behind it. But how should it look? what colors must be there?
For what we know we all are playful people. We have an active inner child. Our editors must look like playgrounds. We have developed a rainbow colored theme. With worm colors chosen very carefully for the finest code quality possible.
From what we noticed iA Writer has the most carefully defined experience. We loved the
orange colors used by their highlighter and inspired by their design we shaped a coding experience that for us was the most joyful look of the code ever possible.
CSS / Less
HTML / XML
How to use it?
Visual Studio Code
It's available from the marketplace, Just simply run:
ext install theme-karyfoundation-themes
After cloning this repo in your Sublime use
Browse Packages… open the folder and put
.tmTheme files from the
Themes folder into it.
Use our official ports for Atom available via atom package manager (APM):
Any other editor that supports .tmThemes
Files are provided under the
Themes directory. Use your editors guides and install the themes.
Good font to use with this theme?
To use it best, we suggest you use the Medium weight of Adobe Source Code Pro typeface. they are the best matches for each other :D
- Visual Studio Code and Atom versions are now compatible with each other.
- New! &madsh; Operator Keywords now render just like normal text. (better right?).
- Fix! — As it turns out Mac uses a Gamma 1.8 RGB but the standard for tmThemes are sRGB. Thanks to the great tool "tmTheme Color Conventor" the theme has being fixed and the colors no longer looks dark!
- New! — TypeScript's Type Cast Expression now has custom coloring.
- New! — Custom string color for HTML added.
- Fix! — Markdown Heading color changed to be more hormonic.
- New! — Custom color for TypeScript class storage modifiers (