Openshift Origin - Crankcase
Crankcase contains the core server components of the OpenShift service released under the OpenShift Origin source project. The components in this repository are sufficient to self host an OpenShift instance -- download a LiveCD image with everything preconfigured or read more about running OpenShift locally on our wiki.
Architecturally OpenShift is split into the following core subsystems:
- Node Hosted applications are run in isolated containers on each node - the system can operate many nodes at any one time.
- Broker Central service exposing a REST API for consumers and coordinating with each node.
- Messaging System Communication pipeline between the broker and each node.
- User Authentication Pluggable authentication for controlling access to the broker
- Domain Name Management Each hosted application receives a unique domain name to simplify SSL termination and deployment
A comprehensive architecture overview can be found on our wiki.
Visit the OpenShift Origin Open Source page for more information on the community process and how you can get involved.
OpenShift Origin, except where otherwise noted, is released under the Apache License 2.0. See the LICENSE file located in each component directory.
This software distribution includes cryptographic software that is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”) and other U.S. and foreign laws and may not be exported, re-exported or transferred (a) to any country listed in Country Group E:1 in Supplement No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR (currently, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria); (b) to any prohibited destination or to any end user who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government; or (c) for use in connection with the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, or sounding rockets, or unmanned air vehicle systems. You may not download this software or technical information if you are located in one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You may not provide this software or technical information to individuals or entities located in one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You are also responsible for compliance with foreign law requirements applicable to the import, export and use of this software and technical information.